Zoki64 paints consoles as a hobby. This time, he’s prettied up a Twin Famicom; a console from Sharp that’s essentially an NES with a floppy disk drive.
Fandoms: The Good, The Bad, The Insane
- Sherlock: Brilliant, brilliant people. Well known for their dedication to the show. One half seems to hate the other for having too much fun, though.
- Doctor Who: All Wibbley Wobbley, a little less Timey Wimey. Have a thousand trigger words that seem to set them off into a spasm of feels at any time.
- Supernatural: Extremely dedicated to each other, extremely dedicated to the actors and the characters. Because family doesn't end in blood. But by god, THE SHIP WARS ARE TERRIBLE.
- Harry Potter: Never underestimate the expanse of this fandom. Harry Potter was an era the world will never forget. Seems to be running out of material though...
- Homestuck: Adorable fans, seem to be caught on the edge of either doing something cute or blowing up the entire world. No one really understands it, especially the fans.
- Hetalia: People shipping countries. All that needs to be said. People are very welcoming and friendly, but no other fandom can rival the Hetalian's stubbornness over their ships.
- Firefly: A sense of melancholy seems to hang around the fandom...probably due to the fact your favorite character is either dead or sad.
- Avengers: Does anyone even question superheroes anymore? Every moment from this movie has been giffed, researched, had fanfic written about it, and has been edited in everyway possible. The whole fandom has a huge hard-on for the villian.
- LOTR: Extremely excited about the continuation of their fandom legacy with the Hobbit. Strange obsession with hairy feet.
- (someone should add the hannibal fandom)
- Hannibal: Cannibalism jokes and weird gifs.Everyone is crazy, sanity was never an option when your show is about a cannibal serial killer
Superman. It’s always been Superman and it always will be. A good Superman story is hard to find. They’re rare to the point that I can make a comprehensive list of them off the top of my head. But when one does come along… A good Batman story is entertaining and bad ass. And it makes you think “Batman is cool.” A good Green Lantern story is generally fraught with emotional peril but, at the end, you’ll wish you had a power ring. A good Superman story fills you with awe.
It’s the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us. It’s the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet… who fell in love with a storyteller. It’s about a man and his dog.
Every single day, you can turn on the news and hear about something bad happening. People do terrible things to each other all the time. And, on the worst days, you might just sit down and get cynical, thinking thoughts like “maybe we are inherently evil. Maybe there’s just something wrong deep down in our hearts.”
And then there’s Superman. Looking down at the world with an unfathomable sadness. Waiting for us to join him in the sun. All the while, truly believing something only an impossible man could believe.
“If you knew how you are loved, not one of you would raise a hand in rage again.”
There’s a psychology to storytelling. It’s really quite simple. When presented with something light, we look for darkness. When presented with darkness, we look for the light. It gives a story depth. In a world without a Superman, we made one for our fiction. To guide us and make us feel brave. To let us hope.
You will believe a man can fly.
but imagine the doctor as a lit teacher
- Student: We don't know what the author actually meant, and they're dead, so it's not like we can go ask them.
- The Doctor:
- The Doctor:
- The Doctor: brb
You are allowed to drink when you’re 16.
You are allowed in clubs when you’re 18.
You receive free education.
You receive economic support while studying.
You enjoy free hospitalization.
You’ll be correctly informed by objective news channels.
so this morning my dad said
“hey we got some tomatos”
and i walk into the kITCHEN AND THE ENTIRE TABLE WAS COMPLETELY COVERED IN TOMATOS LIKE DAD THAT IS NOT SOME TOMATOS THAT IS A FUCKLOAD OF TOMATOS
WHRE DID YOU EVEN GET ALL OF THESE TOMATOS
JUST IN CASE YOU FUCKERS THOUGH TI WAS JOKING